The YW-531 is a small Armoured Personnel Carrier (APC) manufactured in China since the 1960s and widely exported. The YW-531A was introduced in 1968 and featured an upgraded engine and new transmission. This remained the standard production version for many years and was widely exported. In 1981 the PLA introduced a new version known as the YW-531B, which had revised roof hatches, two more being added. The suspension was also strengthened and additional firing ports were added. This model has not been exported and remains exclusively in service with the PLA. It is armed with a 12.5mm heavy machine gun mounted on the roof and is fully amphibious. Performance is similar to the YW-531A.
Notes & Tips:
* Includes a scale model which requires assembly, this is not a toy.
* Ages 14 and over.
* Choking hazard: Contains small parts.
* Actual model may vary from images.
* Does not include tools, cement or paints.
* Some modelling experience recommended.